How to choose the Perfect Ilse Jacobsen Raincoat for you
With our changeable Irish climate and it’s abundant rainfall, the most important item we should have in our wardrobe is a good quality waterproof raincoat. We have the perfect choice for you with the Ilse Jacobsen collection. Whether you love outdoor activities, spend your weekends on the side of the pitch or indeed just need a well fitting and stylish raincoat for your day to day lifestyle our we are going to help you how to choose the Perfect Ilse Jacobsen Raincoat for you
Which style to choose
The collection comprises of a number of styles which vary in shape and length but maintain their much sought after features .
ILSE JACOBSEN RAIN 7
- Ilse Jacobsen Rain 7- the original style, a 3/4 length fitted softshell coat .
- It Resists water pressure up to 5000 mm and has a Teflon Nanotechnology membrane which creates an invisible shield, that will protect you from the elements.
- It’s taped seams keep the wet out, leaving you perfectly dry. The 2-way water repellent zipper makes it easy for you to move freely, allowing you to pop in and out of the car
without having to remove you coat.
- The Ilse Jacobsen rain 7 is fully fleece lined, making it super warm while still feeling light weight .
- The outside of the Ilse Jacobsen softshell coat is decorated with a discreet print and reflector logo on back and sleeves. This is an an ideal choice for those of you looking for a fitted style.
- This style is true to size and we recommend taking you normal size in this one
ILSE JACOBSEN RAIN 128
- Ilse Jacobsen Raincoat 128 Indigo is a feminine and functional rain coat, in a flattering and comfortable a-Line shaped silhouette.
- This Style is made of breathable soft shell material and body length is just under the knee.
- It features a detachable hood, functional front pockets, slits in side seams with press buttons, button closure at arm wrist,
- Ilse Jacobsen Hornbæk reflex logo on left sleeve and a YKK 2-way aqua guard zipper at c.f..
- Its waterproof Material resists water pressure up to 5000mm
- Its Ecorepel coating creates an invisible shield, that will protect you from the elements with taped seams keeping the wet out
- This is an oversized style which we would recommend sizing down in
ILSE JACOBSEN RAIN 135B
- The rain 135b is the latest edition to the collection and boasts a flattering and comfortable straight relaxed fit.
- It is made from a breathable softshell material and finishing mid thigh
- It features a detachable hood, functional front pockets, short slits at side seams with button closure at wrist
- Its fleece lining keeps you warm while remaining lightweight
- The Ilse Jacobsen Hornbæk reflex logo on left sleeve and a YKK 2-way AquaGuard zipper at the centre front.
- The material resists water pressure up to 5000mm, withstanding even the hardest torrentiaL downpour while the Ecorepel coating creates an invisible shield, that will protect you from the elements.
- It has Taped seams to keep the rain out.
- We recommend sizing down in this style asit has a relaxed fit
ILSE JACOBSEN RAIN 71
- Ilse Jacobsen Rain 71 Light True Rain raincoat has an elegant and relaxed A-line shape
- It has style details around the hood and hems with leather toggle at the hood
- The light PU-coated material has a soft and light feel – it’s the perfect lightweight raincoat
- The relaxed fit allows layering for warmth when the weather turns cooler.
- This is a relaxed style so we would recommend sizing down
How to Wash and Care for your Ilse Jacobsen Raincoat
Ilse Jacobsen have integrated Ecorepel® coating throughout their entire softshell collection and have thereby phased out the use of fluorocarbons. Their raincoats with Ecorepel® coating can be machine washed. The coating lasts for at least 30 washes at 40℃. Even after frequent use and many washes the coating remains active. The coating can be reactivated after washing using a tumbler dryer, so there is no need to spray the coat with water-repellent spray.
We also recommend that you consider whether the whole coat needs to be washed or certain areas can simply be cleaned with a damp cloth. This is environmentally friendly as it saves water.
A Style for Everyone
With such an extensive collection of shapes and fits, all that is left for you to do is choose your favourite colour!
You can shop the Ilse Jacobsen Rain coat Collection here